Saturday, February 6, 2010

Pitch for Shaina NC

Today was my first day (in the US) which was officially called off due to snow storm predictions. The weather forecast is just awesome here. Well, a Friday+weekend=72 hours of no work, so I decided to utilize my time updating myself with all the news and stuff.

I just found that BJP has a new spokesperson; Shaina NC. Saw her in a news video as she had screened MNK in Delhi and then also in a debate. She seems to be quite a promising speaker. Honest, to the point and logical. And I feel I shouldn't say more than that after a first impression. She’s a politician after all!

I also looked up on wiki that she’s the daughter of Nana Chudasama, a social activist from Mumbai. I first saw NC when I was a kid and we’d gone to Mumbai (in mid 90s). He hosted a conference which my parents had to attend. The second time I saw him was after 13 years (i.e. last year). Strange na? It was after 26/11 when, one fine day, I just skipped office to go and see around Oberoi & Taj. I saw him holding some campaign on the marine lines. That’s it.

Now I understand its all about one’s perception. And, some wit coupled with beauty is all it takes for a man to get fooled. However I do get a feeling that Shaina could rejuvenate BJP not only in MH but in other places also. Could she be next Pramod Mahajan?

No comments:

Post a Comment